Jihlava, Kraj Vysočina.
Czechy ,586 01
Location in relation to the surroundings
Plaque on the wall of the former prison
Text of the inscription
In memory of all the victims who were imprisoned here during the totalitarian regimes.
The 50 x 40 cm board is made of black granite
The circumstances of unveiling
The board was unveiled on the occasion of the thirtieth anniversary of the November Revolution in 1989. The board was unveiled by Deputy Martin Laštovička on November 19, 2019 at 4.30 pm
The board is a reminder of totalitarian regimes and their victims. It is located on the building of the former prison where the Gestapo imprisoned the resistance fighters during the war and after the war it used it to torture and imprison the opponents of the State Security
The prison building in Jihlava in 1932-1960 was used by the Gestapo during the war. After the end of the war, the German population of Jihlava was brutally tortured and after 1948 the building was used by the State Security until 1960.